cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murdock
Community Member

How to configure grade book to allow more than 100% - to allow for an optional final examination?

Jump to solution

Is there a way for the grade book to be designed so that I can give more than 100%?  That is, the regular assignments add up to 100%.  However, I want students to have the chance to earn an addition 5% through an optional final exam.  How do I allow the grade book to do that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@murdock , simply create another assignment group worth 5% and put the optional final exam (and nothing else) in it. The entire process is described in great detail at Extra credit using weighted assignment groups.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@murdock , simply create another assignment group worth 5% and put the optional final exam (and nothing else) in it. The entire process is described in great detail at Extra credit using weighted assignment groups.

View solution in original post

murdock
Community Member

My thanks to those who sent such helpful advice. As it turned out I did this and it worked: (1) I muted the optional final exam (extra credit) assignment, (2) I assigned this extra credit only to the students who indicated they would take this optional final exam), and (3) I carefully monitored the grades before unmuting the assignment and releasing the grades. It worked!

Maggi Murdock

University of Wyoming