Jump to solution

How do I copy a page from one course into another

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello  @michaelmunn ,

I am going to assume that one of the suggestions given by other community members was helpful and that you are not still struggling with this.  I'll go ahead and mark the question as answered but if this is still an open question for you, please come back and tell us so.  Marking the question as answered won't prevent other people from finding it or commenting but it will help us know which questions still need answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Champion

Good morning Michael, and welcome to the Canvas Community.

This is any easy answer, but a total mystery if you don't know it. I've copied a link directly from 'Search the Canvas Guides' under the 'Help' menu at the bottom of the left hand Global menu in Canvas. If you get comfortable in using the Guides, you will find it is a rich and ready resource! Following the linked guide below, you can select just the page (or any other specific content) that you want to import.

HOW DO I SELECT SPECIFIC CONTENT AS PART OF A COURSE IMPORT?

I hope this sufficiently addresses your question.

jschaffer
Community Champion

@michaelmunn ‌,

I think what 925024864‌ mentioned is the best approach as it is typically safer than just copying/pasting the HTML from the old course.  However, based on your question above, are you looking to display a page from another course from within your course (like in an iFrame)?  Are you looking to have a centralized content page of some sort display across all child sections? 

Regards,

Jason

tellison
Community Contributor

@michaelmunn I will add the additional note that if you have access to more than 100 courses you will need to search by the course name and not course code.  Here are direct directions to import specific course content- https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12935-415257077 

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello  @michaelmunn ,

I am going to assume that one of the suggestions given by other community members was helpful and that you are not still struggling with this.  I'll go ahead and mark the question as answered but if this is still an open question for you, please come back and tell us so.  Marking the question as answered won't prevent other people from finding it or commenting but it will help us know which questions still need answers.

View solution in original post