cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marianna_pinter
Community Participant

How to copy a quizzes.next item bank to another canvas course?

Jump to solution

To canvas developers - I have created a bank in quizzes.next. Now I need to use this very same quizzes.next bank in a different course. How do I copy the bank to another course? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lph
Community Champion

Hi  @marianna_pinter ‌

I am not a developer but have an answer for you. 

Item banks in Quizzes.Next are available regardless of your course. To test this, I added item banks while in a physics course then shifted to an AP course and still saw the same item banks when going to the manage items. This is probably due to Quizzes.Next database not being within Canvas but interacting through an LTI.

You might have tested this for yourself by now but wanted to make sure there was an answer here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lph
Community Champion

Hi  @marianna_pinter ‌

I am not a developer but have an answer for you. 

Item banks in Quizzes.Next are available regardless of your course. To test this, I added item banks while in a physics course then shifted to an AP course and still saw the same item banks when going to the manage items. This is probably due to Quizzes.Next database not being within Canvas but interacting through an LTI.

You might have tested this for yourself by now but wanted to make sure there was an answer here.

View solution in original post

marianna_pinter
Community Participant

Thank you, Layne. I didn't expect that an item bank from one of my courses would automatically appear in another course. Your response helped me out.