How to copy all content in the week page to another week page in the same course?

Jump to solution
Kingataje
Community Member

How do I copy all content in the weekly page to another week page? I want to copy from one week to another in the same course.

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@Kingataje 

If the new week page does not already exist, then go to the Pages list, find the page you want to copy, click on the more options (3 vertical dots at the right) and choose Duplicate. This will make an exact copy with the same name plus the word "copy" at the end. You can then edit the new page and rename it to be what you want it called.

If the new week page already exists and you want to add content to it, then you should go to the original page and edit it. Then select all of the text on the page using Ctrl+A (Windows) or Cmd+A (Mac). Then use the copy command Ctrl/Cmd+C or right click and choose copy. Now cancel the edit on the original page. Go to the new week page and edit it. Place your cursor where you would like the content to go and press Ctrl/Cmd+V or right click and choose paste.

The reason I have you edit the original page before you copy is that sometimes the browser adds extra formatting if you just try to select it while viewing. Editing also allows the select all trick to work.

View solution in original post