cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spasishnyk
Community Member

How to create a question group to pick one question from the group?

Jump to solution

When I create a group for the questions on the quiz according to the guide, the system gives me a note  "This question group is set to pick more questions than are available" and than picks all questions from the group. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @spasishnyk ...

I assume that you are following the instructions in this Guide, correct?  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12979-415298624  The section on "Create Group Details" explains that you'd need to specify the number of questions it should pull from the group to display to students.  Once the question group is created, scroll down a bit in that Guide to the section on "Add Individual Question to Group".  If you have questions already created and they are "outside" of the group, you will need to move them inside of the question group you just created in order for Canvas to automatically pick one of them to show to students.  You should be able to click and drag on the eight dots icon at the top left corner of any question into the question group so that any questions in that question group are available for Canvas to choose from.  I hope this helps, Serhiy.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @spasishnyk ...

I assume that you are following the instructions in this Guide, correct?  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12979-415298624  The section on "Create Group Details" explains that you'd need to specify the number of questions it should pull from the group to display to students.  Once the question group is created, scroll down a bit in that Guide to the section on "Add Individual Question to Group".  If you have questions already created and they are "outside" of the group, you will need to move them inside of the question group you just created in order for Canvas to automatically pick one of them to show to students.  You should be able to click and drag on the eight dots icon at the top left corner of any question into the question group so that any questions in that question group are available for Canvas to choose from.  I hope this helps, Serhiy.

View solution in original post