cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pctay
Community Participant

How to download All assignment submissions within a course?

I understood Canvas allows instructors to download an assignment submissions, but how about for all assignment within a course?

9 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @pctay ...

Please check out this Guide to see if it will help to answer your question: How do I download assignment submissions from all my courses?.  Let us know if you have any additional questions...thanks!

pctay
Community Participant

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I am afraid that is not a right guide for my case as I am looking for downloading from an instructor perspective.

An instructor teaches more than 1 course, and they are looking for a feature to allow them to download all assignment submissions within a specific course.

Thanks.

PC

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello once again,  @pctay ...

My apologies for providing a Guide that was for students.  Here is one for instructors.  This is per assignment an not for the entire course as a whole.  How do I download all student submissions for an assignment? 

There are also a couple Feature Ideas currently open for voting that you might be interested in:

I hope this is helpful to you! 

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@pctay ‌,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

tankovpa
Community Participant

I am an Admin at our institution and enrollments for a course disappeared prior to the end of the Term. The courses are not visible to students as past enrollments and the teacher no longer sees and students listed in the course. As an Admin, I can see the that course was part of the students' past enrollments if I view them individually. The teacher needs to grade some of the submitted assignments and we want to view/download the submissions to do this, but we can not find a way to view the submissions. If you view the gradebook there are no assignments because there are no enrollments. This post was the closest for trying to what we want, but the answer doesn't help complete the process. 

Can anyone help with instructions?

Hi  @tankovpa  , I clicked "Like" on your post because you provided further information, but I suspect you find little to like about the situation.

Here is a thought.............. Have you checked the Beta or Test instances of your account? The enrollments and their submissions may have been maintained there, depending on when they were refreshed by Instructure.

I think the bigger question, so that you do not end up not liking this again in the future is "What happened to the enrollments?"

I hope this helps,

Kelley

tankovpa
Community Participant

Kelley,

Yes that is the bigger question. Somehow the students all were concluded in the course, in spite of neither the Term nor the Grading (period) having come to an end. I checked our SIS and could not find any dates that should have cause the concluding either. I checked Beta and things were concluded for them as well. (Side note, one of the differences between Higher Ed and K-12 is how Terms are understood. In K-12, the Term ends and the next starts before the grading cycle completes for teachers. Canvas meeting both understandings for mechanics isn't always possible when they are exclusive of each other.)  

While that mystery remains, there was the more immediate need for the teacher who still needed to grade assignments. I had forgot that one of the options in the gradebook was the ability to view concluded enrollments. I was able to share that with the teacher and that was what was needed. So, in the hopes of paying it forward, if someone else is spinning their wheels with a similar issue and stumble on this post, here is the link what helped. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12817-415255010 

christinemoore
Community Participant

I have this same question - can we download all assignment submissions at once? 

Thanks!

Christine

michael_owens
Community Member

This would be very useful for my team as well, we would like to be able to download all student submissions from the entire Canvas course.