Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgau4617

How to edit an existing video in studio

Jump to solution

I need to know how to make a very simple edit, in studio, once a video (made in studio) is already uploaded 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi again, sgau4617...

Thanks for that additional information.  As far as I am aware, there is no way to edit your video once it has been added to your Studio library if you are using the "Webcam Capture" option.  Unfortunately, if you need to make an edit, you're going to need to re-record the video...or post a note with the video letting your audience know that you needed to make a correction to something you said in the video.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi sgau4617...

The answer to your question will depend on how you made the video in Studio.  Can you please describe the steps you took to initially create the video?  Which buttons did you click on?  Was it just a recording of yourself?  Did you record a screen capture?  Any additional details will be helpful...thanks!

Hi Chris

I filmed myself via the record button and then webcam capture

Sally Anne

Hi again, sgau4617...

Thanks for that additional information.  As far as I am aware, there is no way to edit your video once it has been added to your Studio library if you are using the "Webcam Capture" option.  Unfortunately, if you need to make an edit, you're going to need to re-record the video...or post a note with the video letting your audience know that you needed to make a correction to something you said in the video.

0 Kudos

If it was a screen capture, is there also no edit feature which would allow me to delete a portion of the video?

NaveenNunwal

It's super easy to do that. You can easily edit an existing video in Kinemaster Diamond. Not only that but you can add new layers on new videos or images to edit your video and give it a professional look. 

Tags (1)

Click on Studio on the global navigation.

Click on Record (top right corner of the Arc dashboard)

Select Screen Capture.

After the screen capture software opens, click the red Rec button.

Wait for the countdown, and then click the blue Pause button to pause the recording. ...

Click Done.

Click on the Edit button.

@116969809438828 ...

The original question was about using the "Webcam Capture" within Studio...not the "Screen Capture" functionality.  Though, you are correct with those directions that it's possible to edit videos if they were made with the "Screen Capture" utility in Studio...with the assumption that you are using the same computer and that you have not finalized the video and uploaded it to your Studio library.  Once it's loaded to your Studio library, editing is no longer possible.  At least, that's been my experience.

@NaveenNunwal ...

I'm not sure your posting is related at all to the original question in this thread.  It seems like you've mistakenly posted information here that is not related to Canvas.  The original question is asking about video editing capabilities within Canvas Studio, and your link you've included does not seem related at all.