How to edit the objectives and grading scale using the Common Core Outcomes

edenos
Community Explorer

My district is moving to Standards Based Grading and we want to use the Common Core standards that are put into canvas for us.

When you search standards and objectives we can find the correct class, strands standards and objectives.  When you add them to your individual course, you can edit the strand and the standard (or the groups "folders" that it gives you, but you cannot edit the individual outcome or the grading scale.

For example:  We want all of our outcomes to be "I can" statements.  The grading scale by default is on a 5, 3, 0 scale, and we want it to be on a 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 scale. 

Is there a way to edit the scale on an administrative level?  I have tried going into the rubrics > learning mastery > and changing the grading scale, and color scale to what we want as a school.  And that grading scale works when you create an outcome by hand, or a rubric by hand but if I could save my teachers hours of time so that they don't have to re-create their courses by hand I would very much appreciate it.

Is there a way to edit the wording of the objectives? I can't think of a way to do this except for building it on your own which is really time consuming. It would be nice if you could simply edit it for what you want it to say

You also cannot change the way that you want to have it graded.  What if I want to make it the "highest" score in stead of the "latest" score?  I also cannot describe the outcome so that the students understand the grading scale and what they have to do to get a 4, 3, 2, or a 1.

0 Likes