cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daria_minina

How to exclude ungraded assignments from Grade section?

Jump to solution

I want to create ungraded assignment for required reading with due dates - to be shown in the calendar. But I don't want this "assignment" to be shown in Grading section. How can I exclude ungraded assignments from Grade section?

Thank you!

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@daria_minina , your question is very timely. You cannot accomplish this in Canvas today--but effective tomorrow, with the next production release, you will be able to create an assignment that does not contribute to the Gradebook! Please refer to the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2016-07-25)​ with specific attention to the Assignments section.

Alternatively, you can create an event in the Calendar for required reading activities. For more information about this, please refer to How do I add an event to a course calendar?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@daria_minina , your question is very timely. You cannot accomplish this in Canvas today--but effective tomorrow, with the next production release, you will be able to create an assignment that does not contribute to the Gradebook! Please refer to the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2016-07-25)​ with specific attention to the Assignments section.

Alternatively, you can create an event in the Calendar for required reading activities. For more information about this, please refer to How do I add an event to a course calendar?

biray
Community Champion

This same question came up in the 24/7 live chatroom discussions, as well. You may find some additional suggestions there, too.

https://canvaslive.ryver.com/#posts/1135990

Please note you may have to request to join to view the thread: CanvasLIVE Chatrooms (Chatrooms are available so Canvas users can connect, brainstorm, troubleshoot, collaborate in real-time, 24/7 with other Canvas users who are also "in the trenches" using Canvas to improve teaching and learning!)