Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hversemann

How to handle NEXT link headers - getting error: (https://stchas.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/15278/assignments?page=2&per_page=100). - The given key was not present in the dictionary

First let me say that I'm developing a new web app. that's hitting the API using C#.Net.

I've come across a problem with a request that apparently needs to pull back at least a second page of data(already using the per_page=100 parameter in all of my requests), so in the "link" headers in my first successful request's response there is a "next" link header url. which you can see in the title verbiage above, followed by the error that I'm getting ("

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

"). I'm not sure I know what key its referring to, but I started looking into it a bit and in a SharePoint-related post I found mention of a 

X-RequestDigest': token

But when I look at the actual headers returned in my first request response, I don't see that header listed. so I have no idea how to continue at this point. 

Any information to help me find a solution for this problem would be greatly appreciated(still continuing to look).

Thanks.

Henry

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hversemann ...

While I am not certain of an answer for you, I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your message with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=1eceb5bd-83dc-4f31-b0cf-...‌ group here in the Canvas Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not yet following this group, please click on the link I've provided, and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.  Also, you may need to click on the "Actions" >> "Join group" option which is located near that button, too.  I hope this will be of help to you, Henry.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello once again,  @hversemann ...

I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I noticed that you've not received any additional replies to your question.  It appears that you may have stumped Community members with your question.  Have you been able to come up with a solution on your own since you first posted this question on October 19, 2017?  If so, would you be willing to share that solution with us back here in this thread?  Or, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please let us know that as well by posting a message below.  I'm going to go ahead and mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer to your question...but more because we've not heard back from you for about four months and there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for that same amount of time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  (Hopefully, by checking in, your question will move up in the list and get a little more exposure.)  I hope this is okay with you, Henry.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.