cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janetho
Community Member

How to help Users in China who cannot use Google link to access Canvas?

As a local Admin, how can I help the users in China access the Canvas site without going through Google? (Google cannot be used in China.) 

The question is, even though the invitation for registration goes into their email box in China, they cannot set up the password because the link in their emails does not work in China.

A webpage for direct access has been created for them to login with the ID, but since the password cannot be set, and so it is still inaccessible.

I have tried to use my email address to help set up the password for them. However, my single email can only work for one account, and repetitive uses are not allowed. Therefore, it is still a failure. 

Please help with this urgent problem. Thank you  very much!

3 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @janetho ,

I wanted to check in as I noted that your question seems to have the community a little stumped. I am sure by now you will have found a possible solution or workaround through some of your own additional sleuthing? If not, do you still need assistance with this (please let us know, we are always happy to help)!

If you did find a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Cheers,
Stuart 

jjohnson1361
Community Member

Following this topic as we are anticipating offering a class to a limited number of our students in China in Spring Quarter.

Thanks,

--jj--

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @janetho ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  While I am not sure I have an answer for you, I did want to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on October 28, 2018.   @stuart_ryan  had checked in with you this past December, too.  Have you been able to find any answers/solutions on your own since you first posted your question?  If so, would you be willing to share those back here in this topic with us?  Or, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please let us know that as well so that someone from the Community might be able to help.  Hopefully by checking in, your topic will move towards the top temporarily so that more people see it again.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer for you...but more because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since January 22, 2019.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Also,  @jjohnson1361 ... you can use the "Actions" menu found at the top right corner of any page to "Follow" topics/content you are interested in.  More information about this is here: How do I follow people, places, or content in the Canvas Community?

Thanks everyone...