cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linda_flores
Community Participant

How to hide course summary

Jump to solution

I'm new to Canvas and I've been trying to figure out how to hide the summary on the syllabus page. At my university we have to have one page with open access where anyone can read some basic information about the course, and as far as I understand it, the only page I can choose to be public, without having anything else from the course public, is the syllabus page, and there is no way to hide the summary on that page. It this really so? It can't be!!! It would be a seriuos problem for us. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @linda_flores ,

As far as I am aware, there is no native way to do this out of the box. However, I will share this with the Canvas Developers‌ group, as there may be a way to do this with some custom Javascript and CSS if that is an option at your institution.

Hope that helps!
Stuart

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @linda_flores ,

As far as I am aware, there is no native way to do this out of the box. However, I will share this with the Canvas Developers‌ group, as there may be a way to do this with some custom Javascript and CSS if that is an option at your institution.

Hope that helps!
Stuart

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @linda_flores ...

I did a bit of searching in the Canvas Community, and I came across this past question which may give you some alternative/options: Can I hide the Course Summary on Syllabus Page.  Hoping this information will be helpful to you, Linda.

linda_flores
Community Participant

Thank you. I saw that answer as well and sadly it doesn't help send we need to use the syllabus page because we have to have one page that is open to the public. I don't understand why deactivating the summary is not an option. It's particularly bad that students who are not even enrolled in the course can see the summary.