Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dufay_k
Community Participant

How to leave a course as a teacher

Jump to solution

Hello canvas community Smiley Happy

I'm trying to leave several courses where my colleagues have enrolled me as a teacher but I can't find the option in the "people" page. Is there a solution ? Thank you very much.

Karine

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dufay_k ​, go to the course and click on People. You should see a gear icon by your name. If you click on the gear icon then you'll get the option to "remove from course." If you don't see the gear icon then you'll need to contact the person who added you to the course to have them remove you.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dufay_k ​, go to the course and click on People. You should see a gear icon by your name. If you click on the gear icon then you'll get the option to "remove from course." If you don't see the gear icon then you'll need to contact the person who added you to the course to have them remove you.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

dufay_k
Community Participant

Thank you Kona for your answer. For the courses where I am a teacher I don't have the option "remove from course" on the People page. Plus this is not so easy to contact the people who invited me ; most of them are people how are following my online course to learn canvas in french...If you have any other idea ?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Go to the course, click on the Help link and Report a Problem. Explain what you are wanting and Canvas Support should be able to help!

leo_devin
Community Participant

I had a similar problem and I don't have the gear wheel either. However, when I click on my name I get a page with information about myself for this course.
On that page, there is an option "Last day as participant" or something similar (I'm using the Swedish version so this is just a translation).
By the looks of it, that should do the trick (I've just set today as last day on a course in which I only give a guest lecture, so I don't have any feedback to report as yet).

If it's just to get rid of irrelevant notifications to your email then you could create a rule in your email that directs messages with heading containing "[course name]" to the bin. This as a last resort work around.

leo_devin
Community Participant

Running a newer version of Canvas now. In the new version, you can switch various notifications for a course on and off. These course settings override your account settings for just that course.

This does not remove you from the course, but at least you get rid of irrelevant notifications.