How to make Zoom recordings private

Jump to solution
shravas
Community Member

I am conducting my lectures through zoom, and have it set to record all meetings.  The recordings are all saved and posted on canvas right away so that students can see them automatically.  Is there a way to make the recordings private, so that only I can see them unless I decide otherwise?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @shravas ...

Assuming that your school has the new Zoom Pro LTI app integrated with your school's Canvas environment, there is an option that your school's local Canvas administrator or your school's Online Learning/eLearning department can configure within the overall Zoom account.  It is a toggle switch that applies to all courses in your Zoom/Canvas integration.  In a nutshell, it either allow recordings to be displayed as soon as possible (after the meeting/recording has been completed), or it gives you the option to review the recordings privately and then make the decision whether or not you want to make them available to students in your course.  I tried looking at my own Zoom account "Settings" page to see if I could set any preferences based on what you've asked, but I did not find anything related.

I hope this helps.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes