cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emersonam
Community Member

How to make "Modules" unhidden in menu?

Jump to solution

In setting up my course, I've added content pages and links to the Modules section, but that section appears as greyed out or "Hidden" in my course menu--unlike other sections to which I've added materials. When I go to Navigation, the "Modules" item appears in the top list (i.e., has NOT been disabled). I can't figure out how to make "Modules" unhidden.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @emersonam  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question here.  Double check that each of the modules in your course is "published" (has the green check mark next to it).  In my own testing, if all of the modules in your "Modules" screen are unpublished (the content in those modules can still be published), then the "Modules" button will be grayed out.  As soon as you "publish" at least one module, then the "Modules" button on your course navigation won't be grey any more.  I hope this helps, Amanda!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @emersonam  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question here.  Double check that each of the modules in your course is "published" (has the green check mark next to it).  In my own testing, if all of the modules in your "Modules" screen are unpublished (the content in those modules can still be published), then the "Modules" button will be grayed out.  As soon as you "publish" at least one module, then the "Modules" button on your course navigation won't be grey any more.  I hope this helps, Amanda!

View solution in original post

emersonam
Community Member

Thank you--that worked!

lmpahs
Community Member

I published my module and it still doesn't appear. Here's the picture of what I see. I've refreshed, etc. What's going on? Thanks!

lmpahs_0-1597433732784.png