Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicosia
Community Participant

How to remove myself form a course?

Jump to solution

Hello again,

I am trying to delete a section but it says I can not delete a section with people enrolled.

However, I am the ONLY one enrolled in the course yet I can not delete it? Why?

It also says I am a student... but I can not remove myself as a student in a course where I am also the teacher? (I am not sure how I became a student in my own course - it was my first attempt at Canvas.)

Please advise,

Nick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@nicosia ‌, I infer that you're using a Free For Teachers account; if that's the case, you'll need to request assistance through the Report a Problem option on the Help menu of the account (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?‌, and the general instructions are the same for a student).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nicosia  

Most schools, including mine, restrict faculty permission to add/remove course enrollments or delete courses - I mean there are a slew of laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures wrapped around enrollments.

I would suggest you contact your Canvas Admin at Kansai Gaidai University for assistance with this.

kelley

nicosia
Community Participant

No Admin here at my uni. My uni is not affiliated. I am doing this alone.

I am not concerned with "a slew of laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures wrapped around enrollments."

Is there a way to do this myself or not?

Thanks,

Nick

@nicosia ‌, I infer that you're using a Free For Teachers account; if that's the case, you'll need to request assistance through the Report a Problem option on the Help menu of the account (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?‌, and the general instructions are the same for a student).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos