cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cstammerjohn
Community Participant

How to reorder quiz answers

Jump to solution

When creating a quiz with multiple choice questions, I see no easy way to reorder the answers. I have to cut and paste text to and from the different text boxes to achieve this. Reordering the questions is easily accomplished by dragging and dropping. Am I missing something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abunag
Community Champion

No, you can't reorder them.  Hopefully this is something addressed with Quizzes.Next, which is a serious overhaul of the Quiz engine.

In addition, I wonder how many teachers are using the "shuffle answers", making the answer order irrelevant.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

No, you can't reorder them.  Hopefully this is something addressed with Quizzes.Next, which is a serious overhaul of the Quiz engine.

In addition, I wonder how many teachers are using the "shuffle answers", making the answer order irrelevant.

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @cstammerjohn ...

You will want to check out the video from this past Summer's InstructureCon 2017 conference.  In this video, Deactivated user‌ shows how you can create a question with the ability to shuffle your answer choices.  Check out around the 17-minute mark of this video: .  It looks like this will be coming with the new Quizzing engine (no release date announced yet, though).  I hope this helps, Carl.

cstammerjohn
Community Participant

I'm looking forward to the new features in Quizzes! Looks like some very helpful improvements.

mhegg1
Community Participant

This is a desperately needed feature and I hope to see the changes made soon. Shuffling answers is not appropriate in cases where there is a natural progression for the answer choices (e.g., numerical answer choices should be offered in ascending or descending order). 

boyland
Community Participant

Quizzes.Next is still very broken (doesn't provide many things, e.g. partial credit, that are in the existing quiz module), so I can't use it yet.  Meanwhile, I have to manually shuffle the answers in question which need it, and I find it annoying that I have to copy & paste.  But at least that works.