cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mschubert
Community Member

How to reorganize imported announcements

Jump to solution

Is there a way to reorganize my imported announcements? I imported my Blackboard announcements, would like to reuse them, organize them and be able to only port certain announcements at a time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mschubert , the only way to organize them is by setting a display/publish date - How do I delay posting an announcement until a specific date in a course?. Otherwise they’ll be in the order they were created. I know what some people do is leave all their announcements in a sandbox course (so not real course, no students) and then copy them to their real/live course as needed. You could do this by copying and pasting or using the Canvas Import tool - How do I select specific content as part of a course import? 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mschubert , the only way to organize them is by setting a display/publish date - How do I delay posting an announcement until a specific date in a course?. Otherwise they’ll be in the order they were created. I know what some people do is leave all their announcements in a sandbox course (so not real course, no students) and then copy them to their real/live course as needed. You could do this by copying and pasting or using the Canvas Import tool - How do I select specific content as part of a course import? 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

Jul_Cro
Community Participant

If you use the delay posting on an imported announcement will the notification be triggered for the announcement when it posts?