cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jingw
Community Member

How to request the user email to be included on return user class on an API call?

Jump to solution

API /v1/accounts/{account_id}/users?search_term={user email} return the list of users by searching user email, but the problem is the return user class  doesn't include email. How to request the user email to be included on return user class?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobDitto
Community Champion

Hi,  @jingw ​!

Can you take the user ID returned by your search and then use it in a subsequent call to either of these API routes?

GET /api/v1/users/:user_id/communication_channels

or

GET /api/v1/users/:user_id/profile

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jingw ​...

I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to let you know that I'm going to share your question with the Canvas Developers​ group here in the Canvas Community in hopes that they will be able to assist you with your question.  I am also going to add some keyword tags to your question in order to make it more searchable here in the Canvas Community.  I hope this is okay with you.

jingw
Community Member

Thank you for sharing my question with canvas developer.

RobDitto
Community Champion

Hi,  @jingw ​!

Can you take the user ID returned by your search and then use it in a subsequent call to either of these API routes?

GET /api/v1/users/:user_id/communication_channels

or

GET /api/v1/users/:user_id/profile

View solution in original post

MattHanes
Community Champion

lol I totally didn't see this response before I responded. I deleted my response.