cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_vanden_abe
Community Participant

How to restrict the # of submissions for an assignment to one?

Jump to solution

How can I restrict the number of possible submissions for an assignment to one?

I don't want the students to submit more than once, how can I make that happen?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @alex_vanden_abe  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Currently, there isn't a way to restrict assignment submissions to just one time per student.  However, I think you'll want to take a look at this Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1799-restrict-assignment-submission-attempts" modifiedtitle="t....  It's currently open for voting, and there's a note from Instructure that this appears to be on their product plan for Q1 2019...so not far off.  In the mean time, I would encourage you to vote for this idea if you feel that it aligns with what you'd like to see in Canvas.  Also, please feel free to post a comment at the bottom of that thread letting Instructure know why this type of feature would be important to you.  I hope this will help, Alex.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @alex_vanden_abe  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Currently, there isn't a way to restrict assignment submissions to just one time per student.  However, I think you'll want to take a look at this Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1799-restrict-assignment-submission-attempts" modifiedtitle="t....  It's currently open for voting, and there's a note from Instructure that this appears to be on their product plan for Q1 2019...so not far off.  In the mean time, I would encourage you to vote for this idea if you feel that it aligns with what you'd like to see in Canvas.  Also, please feel free to post a comment at the bottom of that thread letting Instructure know why this type of feature would be important to you.  I hope this will help, Alex.

View solution in original post

jbuchner
Community Contributor

Could you recreate the assignment as a "quiz", give them only one attempt, make the question a "file upload question"