cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
threehappypengu
Community Participant

How to set up Canvas for Homeschooling?

Jump to solution

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can set things up as a homeschooling parent? I use Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool, and it is divided into "Days," and each "Day" has various subjects with tasks. I named my course "2018-2019" and then each module is used as a "subject," and each Assignment/Quiz or whatever is the tasks for that subject for the day. When that subject is completed for that day (I put the day number in the title of the assignment), then I want to give them the ability to mark as done. I do not grade. Currently, it's a little bit complicated because in order to enable an assignment to have the option 'Mark as Done,' after I save the Assignment, I have to edit the module, find the Assignment I just created, and then create a requirement for that assignment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@threehappypengu , honestly, what you are doing is the only way that I know of to add the Mark as Done to something in Canvas. Sorry There isn’t something easier!

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@threehappypengu , honestly, what you are doing is the only way that I know of to add the Mark as Done to something in Canvas. Sorry There isn’t something easier!

Kona

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @threehappypengu ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on January 10, 2019.  It looks like  @kona  provided you with some feedback on January 14, 2019.  Have you had an opportunity to review her response?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your question?  If you feel that Kona's response has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark her answer as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please let us know by posting a message below.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you in almost five months...and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for about the same amount of time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Sarah.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

threehappypengu
Community Participant

I didn't mark it as helpful or not helpful or anything, for a reason. My question isn't really answered. It's not Kona's fault, because she answered to the best of her ability and Canvas is unfortunately limited so "Mark as Done" is the best I can do. I did start creating Assignment groups for each day of homeschool (ie, "Day 1," "Day 2," "Day 3," etc), and it was organized better this way, but I had to delete all the groups because after I had dozens of groups, it started making the page crash. So I can't organize it the way I like. I already put in a request to change the code so that the Assignments tab doesn't crash with a lot of groups, but I don't really think Canvas is interested in this, since most people don't create that many groups.