cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvhawkins
Community Member

How to show just a clip of a video in Studio

I like bringing in all my media content to Studio so it's a one stop shop.  I'm wondering if there's a way to just show a snip of a video that's in Studio? Often times I do not need students/teachers to view an entire video.  I currently use the work around in a Google Slide where I can limit the time to a short clip, and then embed the video into a page or RCE, however, it would be much nicer/cleaner if I could do this in Studio.  Does anyone have any ideas on how this may work? I love the edit tools when I do the screen capture, but I would like those to be available to all videos, even after they are saved in Studio. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @cvhawkins ...

Unfortunately, after you add videos (created by you directly in Studio, uploaded from your computer, or added via YouTube URL), there aren't very many options available to you to modify things.  About the only thing you can do is modify the title and/or description, add tags for searching, add closed captions, and overlay a quiz on top of the video.  There isn't a way to only grab a snippet of a Studio video and show only that part to your class.  It's an "all or nothing" type of deal.

That would be a great idea for a Feature Idea request, though!  Would you consider posting that for Community members to evaluate?  From any screen here in the Community, click on the PRODUCT menu at the top of the page, and then choose IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  Then, click on the "Suggest an idea" button.  Here are a few other documents that may help as you create your idea:

I know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope that it has helped to answer your question.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

cvhawkins
Community Member

Thank you @chofer .... I just added it under the Product --> Idea Conversations!