cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kserrano

How to unpublish multiple assignments?

Jump to solution

I thought that if I unpublished a module, it would unpublish all of the assignments within that module, but that does not seem to be the case.  Is there a way that I can unpublish all of the assignments within a module?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

@kserrano ,

If you unpublish a Module, technically everything is that module is hidden from the students because they can't see the unpublished module or its contents.  You would also want to make sure that the Assignments tool has been hidden from the course as well.  If you do not hide the Assignments tool, the students will get a message that says "This assignment is part of an unpublished module and is not available yet."

Robbie

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kserrano ,

The easiest way to accomplish this is to click the unpublish button to the right of each assignment listed in the module.  The green checkmark should then turn to a grey circle.

Robbie

0 Kudos
kserrano

But then I will have to unpublish hundreds of assignment one by one, which is terrible. Do you know why there is an unpublish button to the module if it doesn't actually unpublish anything that's inside of the module? I don't want my students to see any of the assignments outside of our current module. If I lock the other modules will that prevent them from seeing them?

@kserrano ,

If you unpublish a Module, technically everything is that module is hidden from the students because they can't see the unpublished module or its contents.  You would also want to make sure that the Assignments tool has been hidden from the course as well.  If you do not hide the Assignments tool, the students will get a message that says "This assignment is part of an unpublished module and is not available yet."

Robbie

Thanks for your help - maybe I'm doing something wrong? At the bottom of the home page, all of the assignments for the whole year are listed, even though I've unpublished all of the modules except the first one. I looked in Student View and it's the same way - the whole year's assignments are listed.

0 Kudos

@kserrano ,

Yes, they are still going to appear at the bottom of the Syllabus page, but if the student clicks on them they will get the message that says "This assignment is part of an unpublished module and is not available yet."

Robbie

This is a terrible solution that still has not been corrected.  As the assignments ALL still show in students grades and teacher gradebooks.  This is VERY confusion to students when we could easily correct this with an unpublish all button

Yes, but the module itself is also unpublished. I want the module name (heading) to be visible, like a virtual folder. The module name is published, but assignments that I have in the module are not all published and seen, until I want to unpublish one at a time.

I'm hoping to do the same thing!  

hyim
Community Member

They also still appear in the gradebook which is very frustrating.  I have teachers who have hundreds of assignments in modules that they don't want cluttering the gradebook until they are relevant (particularly since they don't have due dates yet so reordering the gradebook does not help).  They system should treat assignments in unpublished modules the same as if the assignment itself is unpublished.

kunnmel
Community Member

It would be helpful if we could unpublish an entire assignment group all at once.

jjjkkk

Has this been corrected yet? I need to be able to unpublish multiple assignments in a module that has been copied from another course. I do not want them to appear on the student view at all, until I publish each individually.