How to update a course saved in COMMONS?

Jump to solution
rmcdonough1
Community Novice

A colleague shared a sandbox course to COMMONS and I am trying to add modules to her course but it only shows up in my dashboard and not in COMMONS. There are 10 teachers sharing ideas to this course. Is there a problem because I was not the one who created the course? How do I add these modules for all to see?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @rmcdonough1  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  When you share content to Commons (no need to capitalize all the letters, by the way) and then content in that course is updated, it does not automatically update the shared content in Commons.  You (or one of your colleagues) in that course needs to re-share the content back to Commons...which will replace whatever was previously shared.  One of the nice features about this is that you can add notes to the re-shared content to let people know what has changed recently.  Here's a Guide for you which explains more about this process: How do I update a resource I previously shared to Commons?.  This Guide, How do I view updates to resources I previously imported from Commons?, would be helpful for those who want to update their own course with the content that has be updated and re-shared to Commons.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Robin.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this process.  Thanks!  Be well, and stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Likes