cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priscilla_berry
Community Member

How to use/download Grammarly in Canvas when grading a paper.

Jump to solution

I have a Grammarly premium account and would like to use it for feedback for students on graded papers.  I encourage students to use the Free Version as a beginning to help with writing. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for following up with my question. I know I can download a paper from Canvas and convert to a Word document and use Grammarly. Time is the factor with this process. Any information is appreciated.

View solution in original post

It sounds like you'd like to be able to integrate Grammarly with Canvas. Have you reached out to Grammarly with this question? I usually find that the third party vendor has the best expertise about how (or if) their product can be used in Canvas or other LMS's.

6 Replies
kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hi there,  @priscilla_berry  and Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I'm sorry your question has sat here for a few days without any sort of response. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with Grammarly, so I am going to share this with the Higher Education‌ group to see if anyone else has some feedback for you.

Thanks for following up with my question. I know I can download a paper from Canvas and convert to a Word document and use Grammarly. Time is the factor with this process. Any information is appreciated.

It sounds like you'd like to be able to integrate Grammarly with Canvas. Have you reached out to Grammarly with this question? I usually find that the third party vendor has the best expertise about how (or if) their product can be used in Canvas or other LMS's.

Thanks, that is the most obvious of answers. I will.

eengland
Community Member

I have the same question. I've used Grammerly for years, just as a basic spell checker across platforms.

However, I noticed it doesn't seem to be suggesting alternative spellings when I'm typing in Discussions for my students.

I'll take the advice given here and contact Grammerly first, but I think an extension for it in Canvas would be a great addition.

Steven_S
Community Champion

I've recently added an idea for a partner integration with grammarly.com.  If you are still interested, please come and vote for: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/15901-grammarlyedu-integration