cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chun_li
Community Contributor

How to use playsinline

Jump to solution

Has anyone tried playsinline in the editor? I am trying to find an example (screenshot) of it. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinMurtaugh
Community Champion

Hi --

The playsinline attribute was recently whitelisted to help support embedded video playback on mobile devices (at least iOS, not sure about Android). That attribute essentially tells the mobile browser/web view not to enter full-screen mode when playing the video; this allows the use of a custom video player that might have extra controls such as playback speed and captioning. 

--Colin

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MattHanes
Community Champion

It does not appear that "playsinline" is on the HTML whitelist which you can find here:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/Canvas_HTML_Whitelist.pdf  

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

"playsinline" has been added to the HTML Whitelist effective with the April 1, 2017 https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9116-canvas-production-release-notes-2017-04-01?sr=search&s...‌. I'd be curious to know more about it.

MattHanes
Community Champion

Oh, totally missed that!

dwillmore
Community Champion

April 1st, hmmmmm

Coincidence! Honest!

ColinMurtaugh
Community Champion

Hi --

The playsinline attribute was recently whitelisted to help support embedded video playback on mobile devices (at least iOS, not sure about Android). That attribute essentially tells the mobile browser/web view not to enter full-screen mode when playing the video; this allows the use of a custom video player that might have extra controls such as playback speed and captioning. 

--Colin

View solution in original post

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@chun_li ‌,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

chun_li
Community Contributor

Hi Robbie, Yes, please mark it as answered. Or I have just done it?