cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajohnson
Community Contributor

How to view temp self-enroll courses on app?

Jump to solution

I need to check something on the Canvas app (iOS, phone) in a course that I've self-enrolled in as an instructor just for today. How do I get this course to appear in the app? It's only showing courses I'm permanently enrolled in.

Thanks, AnnMarie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tross
Community Champion

This looks like it got fixed in the latest update.  I just checked and I see mine on the dashboard and the option to select.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tross
Community Champion

If you click the gear in the upper right you should see all courses you are enrolled in so you can add it to your dashboard.  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @annmarie_johnso ~ tross is right. You should be able to tap the gray gear from the dashboard view to adjust which courses are displayed (and which ones are hidden). This guide also has some great visuals: How do I view Courses and Groups in the Canvas app on my iOS device?

ajohnson
Community Contributor

Nope, the list under the manage (gear) icon only shows the courses I'm normally enrolled in, not the one I self-enrolled just for today.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Are you able to add the self-enrolled course to your dashboard from the mobile browser? I wonder if that is a work-around...

tross
Community Champion

Well this is very strange and you should send a ticket to Canvas Support.  I probably will too.  I guess I never noticed but did some testing and self-enroll courses don't show up in the app.  I can't add them to my dashboard.  If I add them to my dashboard through the browser, they still don't show on the dashboard on the app.  Very strange.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

@annmarie_johnso  and tross‌ ~ I'm looping back to this conversations since it's been about six weeks since it last had activity. Did either of you have success in reaching Canvas Support? If so, what was shared?? It would be great if both (or either) of you could provide an update! That way, if someone else runs into a similar issue, they have some helpful information. Smiley Wink

tross
Community Champion

This looks like it got fixed in the latest update.  I just checked and I see mine on the dashboard and the option to select.

View solution in original post