Howto select all pages

Jump to solution
jp_van_huizen
Community Explorer

Hi there,

Is there a way to select all pages with one button so I can delete them? Right now I have to select every individual page and at the end I can delete all of them. 

The reason why I don't reset the whole course: Canvas is automaticly being filled by our student information system (SIS). So when our SIS makes a course with ID 1234 it wants to put all students in course 1234.  When I reset a course (so all content can be renewed) it actually creates another course with a new course number. So when I do that the link with our SIS has disappeard. Within the SIS the course ID can't be changed.

So it would really be helpfull to be able to select all pages and delete them. It would even be nicer to have an admin button to erase all coursecontent, although I realize there is a risk in doing that also.

Thanks!

Jean-Pierre van Huizen

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @jp_van_huizen ...

While you can use the Guide How do I delete pages in a course?, that functionality doesn't really allow you to "select all".  The closest thing I can think of for you to try is a Canvancement (Canvas Enhancement) created by @James Jones called Bulk Publish / Delete Pages.  He includes directions and short tutorial video on how it works...using a Google Spreadsheet.  You might want to check it out to see if it will meet your needs.  If you have questions about his process, I would recommend that you post your question(s) to the bottom of his blog posting.  Good luck, and I hope this will be a quick solution for you!

View solution in original post