Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l_westwood
Community Member

Hyperlink Underline Removal

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have recently been tasked with created a new homepage on Canvas for my university and I was wondering if there is a way to remove the underline on hyperlinks? I personally don't mind them but a couple of others have suggested it would make it a little cleaner. Unfortunately, I have been unable to remove them myself due to my basic knowledge of HTML. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards, 

Luke 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
russell_dines
Community Participant

Good afternoon,

Depending where your links are, you can apply some simple inline CSS (Styles) to your links to remove the underline.

You would need to use text-decoration. none = no line, underline = line.

For example:

The text, Hyperlink has a hyperlink to the BBC homepage with its decoration set to none.

Hyperlink

<a style="text-decoration: none;" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk">Hyperlink</a>

For additional information regards CSS styles for links, please see here:

CSS Styling Links (www.w3schools.com) Good source of open source information and tutorials.

Hopefully that helps a little.

Kind regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
russell_dines
Community Participant

Good afternoon,

Depending where your links are, you can apply some simple inline CSS (Styles) to your links to remove the underline.

You would need to use text-decoration. none = no line, underline = line.

For example:

The text, Hyperlink has a hyperlink to the BBC homepage with its decoration set to none.

Hyperlink

<a style="text-decoration: none;" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk">Hyperlink</a>

For additional information regards CSS styles for links, please see here:

CSS Styling Links (www.w3schools.com) Good source of open source information and tutorials.

Hopefully that helps a little.

Kind regards.

View solution in original post

lisamann
Community Member

You should never remove the underlines from hyperlinks. Using only color to indicate a hyperlink does not meet accessibility requirements. Underlining a hyperlink is the accepted standard.