cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sondraayscue
Community Member

I am creating subaccounts and moving top level admins into subaccounts.

Jump to solution

How do I know that the users are only admins in the subaccounts?  The enrollments show that the user is in the subaccount and the top level.  Should it show both enrollments?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tdelillo
Community Champion

Have you checked the list of admins at the top level to see if the person is there (Settings > Admins tab)? We have people who are admins only in subaccounts, and they do not appear in the list of admins at the root level, and their Enrollments list only shows the subaccounts they are assigned to.

I don't know if you're using any custom roles, but that can cause confusion. For example, we have custom admin roles for our Help Desk and also for our Campus Admins. That information only shows on the Admins page in the account settings. If you look at their enrollments, you just see that they have the account or subaccount listed, but it doesn't show if they're an Account Admin, a Campus Admin, or whatever.

One other thought - you say you are "moving" the admins. If you make them an admin in the subaccount and only want them to have permissions there, you must delete them as admins from the top level.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tdelillo
Community Champion

Have you checked the list of admins at the top level to see if the person is there (Settings > Admins tab)? We have people who are admins only in subaccounts, and they do not appear in the list of admins at the root level, and their Enrollments list only shows the subaccounts they are assigned to.

I don't know if you're using any custom roles, but that can cause confusion. For example, we have custom admin roles for our Help Desk and also for our Campus Admins. That information only shows on the Admins page in the account settings. If you look at their enrollments, you just see that they have the account or subaccount listed, but it doesn't show if they're an Account Admin, a Campus Admin, or whatever.

One other thought - you say you are "moving" the admins. If you make them an admin in the subaccount and only want them to have permissions there, you must delete them as admins from the top level.

View solution in original post

Thank you!  That is the exact information I needed.