cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaime_domski
Community Member

I am having trouble with adding ratings on two criteria on my rubric. Any ideas?

I have created a rubric in Canvas, and when adding my final two criteria, suddenly, I am unable to add my ratings categories. 

Below is a screenshot of the problem I'm having. I am trying to match the ratings for the criteria of conventions to the ratings for the concluding sentence criteria in the second screenshot. I am also trying to match the ratings for the criteria of voice to the ratings for the transitions criteria. However, I am unable to edit the last category of ratings for conventions and voice, and I am unable to add any more ratings for them. Can you help? Thank you!Screenshot of the problem

Screenshot of desired rubric ratings

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jaime_domski ...

This is just a guess, but it may be where and how you inserted some of the other values that is preventing you from adding the ones you need.  I have an idea for you that you may want to consider so that you don't have to manually build rubrics all the time...and it would help with your issue.  Have you checked out the "Canvancements" by  @James ‌?  He wrote a script that allows you to import a rubric from an Excel spreadsheet.  It's called: Importing Rubrics from a Spreadsheet.  James' script is not part of the "core" Canvas product, but I've used it quite a bit, and it has literally saved me hours and hours of time I would have normally spent manually building rubrics for our instructors in Canvas.  The installation instructions are at the bottom of his posting.  I hope this will help you, Jaime.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jaime_domski ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie