cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hpcarney
Community Member

I am locked out of lecture notes?

Jump to solution

My instructor told me that there are no problems with getting access to the notes but when I try to access the lecture notes it appears to be "locked". He said that he has tried from the student view as well but did not see the same issue. Maybe its my account or a bug?

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hpcarney  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It is quite possible that your instructor has not looked in the course "Files" area to verify if the file permissions are set as he wanted.  This is a setting that your instructor would have to change on his end...not something you have control over.  Here are some Guides (from an instructor's point of view) that he should review:

How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas? 

How do I set usage rights and user access for a course file? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13046-4152314466 

I hope this helps, Harrison.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Champion

Welcome, Harrison.  Canvas works best, at least in my system, with Chrome.  Try a different Internet server.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hpcarney  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It is quite possible that your instructor has not looked in the course "Files" area to verify if the file permissions are set as he wanted.  This is a setting that your instructor would have to change on his end...not something you have control over.  Here are some Guides (from an instructor's point of view) that he should review:

How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas? 

How do I set usage rights and user access for a course file? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13046-4152314466 

I hope this helps, Harrison.  Good luck!

View solution in original post