I cannot post a discussion

Jump to solution

how do I navigate canvas? How do I add a discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @patrena_ingram  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your questions.  Your questions are a bit vague, and there's quite a bit of information I could provide you.  Also, I'm not sure if you are a student or an instructor.  But, I'll try and provide some helpful starters for you.

how do I navigate canvas?

I think the best thing to do would be to watch the following video tutorial:

•  
  •  

There are plenty of other video tutorials available here: Guides: Video that you can watch as you have time that will take you through each part of the Canvas environment.

How do I add a discussion

Again, this will depend on your role in Canvas.

•  
  •  

There are also all kinds of written Guides that dive deeper into the specifics of each tool.

I am hoping that these few links will help to get you started.  Everything I've posted above can be found via the "Guides" link at the top of any page here in the Canvas Community website.  When you click on "Guides", you'll choose either "Canvas LMS" for the written Guides or "Videos" for the video tutorials.  You should also have a link to the Guides inside of your school's Canvas environment.  If you click on "Help" within your Canvas environment, you should see a link called "Search the Canvas Guides".

Please let us know if you have any questions about the above, Patrena.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @patrena_ingram  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your questions.  Your questions are a bit vague, and there's quite a bit of information I could provide you.  Also, I'm not sure if you are a student or an instructor.  But, I'll try and provide some helpful starters for you.

how do I navigate canvas?

I think the best thing to do would be to watch the following video tutorial:

•  
  •  

There are plenty of other video tutorials available here: Guides: Video that you can watch as you have time that will take you through each part of the Canvas environment.

How do I add a discussion

Again, this will depend on your role in Canvas.

•  
  •  

There are also all kinds of written Guides that dive deeper into the specifics of each tool.

I am hoping that these few links will help to get you started.  Everything I've posted above can be found via the "Guides" link at the top of any page here in the Canvas Community website.  When you click on "Guides", you'll choose either "Canvas LMS" for the written Guides or "Videos" for the video tutorials.  You should also have a link to the Guides inside of your school's Canvas environment.  If you click on "Help" within your Canvas environment, you should see a link called "Search the Canvas Guides".

Please let us know if you have any questions about the above, Patrena.  Thanks!