Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuart_baggaley

I cannot upload any files from iPad into Canvas Student app

Jump to solution

Screenshot of Error MessageThis error message happens every time that I try to submit anything into an assignment on the student app. I already know how to upload items, but the files fail to upload every time. I'm trying to use canvas with 6th-grade students on iPads. Any advice on how to fix this problem? What am I doing wrong?

16 Replies

Form the student app

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 9:45 PM narmstrong@instructure.com <

When they choose a file to upload, where do they choose from? Is it iCloud Drive, Google Drive, or some other app? Are they submitting pdfs, google docs, or some other type of document?

They are submitting PDF

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 9:52 PM narmstrong@instructure.com <

Can you open a ticket with support so that they can gather more information? This guide might be helpful:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12877-4152719652 

Thanks,

Nate

anthony_vernier

Hello  @narmstrong ,

I'm currently trying to submit a PDF to my teacher and I’m having a similar problem to Stuart. I'm trying to submit through the student app on an iPad with iOS 13 and all it tells me is that it failed to send the files without any other context. Is there any chance you can help me out with this?

Thanks,

Anthony Vernieri

Hey Anthony,

I'm sorry the app failed to submit your PDF. Which app is the file originating from (Google Drive, iOS Files, Notability, etc)? Are you submitting using the share extension or from within the Canvas Student app from an assignment page?

Nate

@anthony_vernier ‌, 

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please let us know 

1. Which app is the file originating from (Google Drive, iOS Files, Notability, etc)?
  2. Are you submitting using the share extension or from within the Canvas Student app from an assignment page?

Thanks!