I entered my discussion into my discussion part of canvas and it would not enter or post why?

Jump to solution
mokmas1
Community Novice

I have a Macbook and I have not had problems before on blackboard. In the last couple of weeks, I was able to enter things just fine. Then on Thursday when I went to enter my work it would not enter. I tried to enter it in the actual Discussion site and nothing happened and then I tried to enter it into where the Professor had written the instructions and it post from there either. I tried it a couple of different days, couple different ways, I am not sure what else to do it was due it on Thursday. She said that she would not take points away but I don't know how to enter it yet?  Please HELP me?? this is all new to me.    I don't know how to take screenshots on the computer.

1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @mokmas1 , thanks for your question.

I've seen some people put their discussion post in the incorrect place. Perhaps this has happened to you also.

First of all did you put your reply in the 'write a reply' box? 

336755_reply.PNG

Perhaps you accidentally put it in the 'Search entries or author' box. 

If you did put it in the 'Write a reply' box then did you click 'Post reply' when you had finished?

If you did then something is not right within your Canvas instance. Here is a link to support at your institution Learning Technology Support for Students - Ferris State University 

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post