I got added to a class I'm not enrolled in...

Jump to solution
gpjohn
Community Novice

I got invited to join a class on canvas. I did not press the accept button, but I clicked on the course to see what it was. It turns out, this course is related to another group I am involved with and I'm technically supposed to be taking it, but my schedule does not allow me to and I actually need the other courses this semester to complete my major, so dropping them is 100%, not an option. I don't know what to do because I can't talk to the course professor or I might get in trouble, but I also can't drop the course myself. I'm not enrolled so it shouldn't show up on my transcript, but if my learning advisor sees an F in the class, I'll have a whole new set of issues. Advice?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gpjohn  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Than you for posting your question.  You have posted your question in the global Canvas Community website where people from all over the world come to ask questions, suggest new Feature Ideas, collaborate with others, join groups, check out "how to" tutorials, and a lot more...all about Canvas.  Unfortunately, the vast majority of Community users wouldn't be able to help answer your question here.  This sounds like something you'll need to discuss with your school's Registration department or your school's Online Learning / eLearning department...as they would be the best people to help you or steer you in the right direction.  We here in the Community don't have access to your course(s) or your school's Canvas environment in order to help with your question.  I found this page on your school's website that may provide some contact information for you (at the bottom of the page): eCampus - Online Degree Programs.

Good luck to you, John!  Sing out if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes