cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvanausdall
Community Participant

I have a student that has submitted a multiple document file over 25 times. Can I delete the extra submissions as a teacher (or as an admin) for that course

Jump to solution

Am I stuck with all those submissions or can I delete the extra ones?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Unfortunately,  @kvanausdall , the answer is your first thought.  There is currently no way--even as an administrator--to remove those submissions from a course site.  (I'd be curious if all of them still appear in the student's Files area, however, as assignment submissions. If so, the student could at least remove them from there, I believe, as covered here: How do I view my user files as a student? Those should not be counting against the student's allocated file space, however.)

There has been long-standing Feature Idea that is on the Product Radar that can still be voted upon, however, and that you can comment on here: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4394-delete-submissions-by-students .

Hope this helps a bit, Kyle.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Unfortunately,  @kvanausdall , the answer is your first thought.  There is currently no way--even as an administrator--to remove those submissions from a course site.  (I'd be curious if all of them still appear in the student's Files area, however, as assignment submissions. If so, the student could at least remove them from there, I believe, as covered here: How do I view my user files as a student? Those should not be counting against the student's allocated file space, however.)

There has been long-standing Feature Idea that is on the Product Radar that can still be voted upon, however, and that you can comment on here: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4394-delete-submissions-by-students .

Hope this helps a bit, Kyle.

View solution in original post

kvanausdall
Community Participant

Thanks. I thought that was the case. My student submitted a very large

package of files including a video over 25 times. I didn't want to count

against the storage bogey.

Thanks.

Kyle