cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvanausdall
Community Participant

I have a teacher who comments (annotates) on student submissions in order for them to do corrections...

Jump to solution

The students are able to see her comments initially.  However, when they make the changes and re-submit the edited document, they lose the ability to see her initial corrections, etc.  Is there a way for students to see previous notes and comments from a teacher regardless of how many times they make corrections and do a new submission?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kvanausdall , unfortunately this is a well known issue with the ability to submit multiple times to the same assignment. As soon as students submit another file to the same assignment they lose access to the previous feedback. The only way around this is to have the student download the file with the feedback to their computer before uploading a new file.

There is a feature idea for this - - but it has been archived as Instructure stated it wouldn't be able to get to it in the next six months. My recommendation is to still comment on it and explain why it's so important for students to have access to this feedback and follow it so you'll be alerted to any updates.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kvanausdall , unfortunately this is a well known issue with the ability to submit multiple times to the same assignment. As soon as students submit another file to the same assignment they lose access to the previous feedback. The only way around this is to have the student download the file with the feedback to their computer before uploading a new file.

There is a feature idea for this - - but it has been archived as Instructure stated it wouldn't be able to get to it in the next six months. My recommendation is to still comment on it and explain why it's so important for students to have access to this feedback and follow it so you'll be alerted to any updates.

View solution in original post

Has there been any progress on this issue as it is quite fundamental issue when looking at draft submissions?