cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hirtzj
Community Member

I have embedded my google form quizzes into Canvas but when I look at grades it says -out of 0. Is there away for the grade to be imported into canvas?

Jump to solution

I would like to have the grade from my google form quiz automatically added to Canvas. Is there a way to do this or do I have to create my quizzes from scratch in Canvas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KelleyMeeusen
Community Participant

Hi @hirtzj 

The Canvas gradebook is designed to capture scores from graded Canvas activities (quizzes, assignments and graded discussions), and from LTI apps designed for that purpose that are most often housed within a Canvas Assignment.. A Google Form is not a graded Canvas activity, so no score would be captured. Essentially, when you embed any Google Form into Canvas, it simply becomes another Canvas page.

You could manually enter grades for completion of the Google Form, but there would somehow need to be one of the Canvas graded activities associated with it. Much easier to simply build a Canvas quiz.

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KelleyMeeusen
Community Participant

Hi @hirtzj 

The Canvas gradebook is designed to capture scores from graded Canvas activities (quizzes, assignments and graded discussions), and from LTI apps designed for that purpose that are most often housed within a Canvas Assignment.. A Google Form is not a graded Canvas activity, so no score would be captured. Essentially, when you embed any Google Form into Canvas, it simply becomes another Canvas page.

You could manually enter grades for completion of the Google Form, but there would somehow need to be one of the Canvas graded activities associated with it. Much easier to simply build a Canvas quiz.

Kelley

View solution in original post