I'm locked out of my account

Jump to solution
silvamayflower
Community Explorer

Hello.  I am a lone teacher with a free for teacher account which is not connected to an institution.  I have partly prepared some courses which launch on 27th September, but now I can't access my account because your system says my password is incorrect.

This is odd, because my system remembered the password which worked a few weeks ago.  Anyhow, I re-entered the password I have on record several times, checking it thoroughly, and still it was wrong.  So I clicked on 'forgot password' to reset.  I am always warned that a) this could take up to 30 minutes and b) to check my spam folder.  I have waited 30 minutes, then checked all my emails and my spam folder repeatedly today, and, several hours later, I am without my account.

Must I abandon the work I have already done and seek another provider?  Or risk setting up an alternative account with Canvas that might shut me out in the same way?  I have left 3 messages in the Community and so far I'm getting nowhere.  The nearest I can find is 'click forgot password'.  There is no answer anywhere for the fact that this never yields me a reset email.

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello Silva,

I will point out that the Community is a user discussion board for Canvas users from different institutions all over the world.  It is not "Canvas Support", so we have no access to any account information on the "Free for Teachers" Canvas server.  

To get support regarding your account, you will want to click on the "Help" link on the Canvas login page, the "Report a Problem" to get in touch with Canvas Support.

Mike

View solution in original post