I need to convert a Microsoft document quiz to Canvas

Jump to solution
msnow7
Community Novice

I have a Microsoft Word document that has a list of questions.  I want to bring those questions into Canvas.  How do I convert the Microsoft Word document to be acceptable to load into Canvas.  I do understand that I probably will have to use Respondus to convert QTI.  I then need instruction how to set up a question bank to bring in the QTI file.

Thank you,

Margie Snow

msnow7@coastline.edu

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@msnow7 ,

The easiest way is to use Respondus (provided you have that available to you). Before you begin, you need to decide whether you're using Quizzes or Quizzes.Next inside Canvas.

If you are using Quizzes, then you don't need to save it to a QTI file to bring it into Quizzes. There is a Canvas Personality that you set on the Respondus start screen. It can publish directly to Canvas from Respondus without needing the intermediate step of creating a QTI file.

If you are using Quizzes.Next, then my understanding is that you will need to save the quiz into a QTI format. You'll need to choose the IMS QTI personality on the Respondus start screen. Here are a couple of pages from the Canvas Instructor Guide that explain how to import QTI files

Additional information can be found from Respondus itself. They have a Training and Guides page that explains how to use it.

View solution in original post