cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hydeag

I reopened a quiz but student can't see it

Jump to solution

I allowed a student to take a quiz late.  I used the + in the edit mode and entered the student name, entered a new due date and available til date.  The student doesn't see it in her class site.  I had her reboot the computer to clear the cache, but she still doesn't see the quiz.  How do I fix this?  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hydeag , could you possibly post a screenshot your quiz settings so we could better see what’s going on? Along with this, you can double check your settings with this guide - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10038-4152101240 The only difference is that you would want to leave Everyone (don’t remove it) and then add this student and their specific dates/times. 

Also, another way to do accomplish something similar is to click the moderate quiz button (on the right), and then select the student. You should have an option to open the quiz for the student for their next attempt - this basically reopens the quiz to the student without messing around with the other quiz settings. Here’s a guide that explains how to do this - Once I publish a quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page? 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hydeag , could you possibly post a screenshot your quiz settings so we could better see what’s going on? Along with this, you can double check your settings with this guide - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10038-4152101240 The only difference is that you would want to leave Everyone (don’t remove it) and then add this student and their specific dates/times. 

Also, another way to do accomplish something similar is to click the moderate quiz button (on the right), and then select the student. You should have an option to open the quiz for the student for their next attempt - this basically reopens the quiz to the student without messing around with the other quiz settings. Here’s a guide that explains how to do this - Once I publish a quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page? 

Hope this helps!

Thank you Kona.  Your information was helpful and I was able to set it so the student was able to see it again.  Thanks for the help.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yay! Great! Thanks for letting us know it worked. 🙂