I use TurnItIn's PeerMark peer review through Canvas. Where can I find a tutorial for students to access PeerMark?

Jump to solution
tragarz_roberta
Community Explorer

I have looked for instructions in the Canvas guides and on the TurnItIn site and have found none that specifically show how to access these assignments through Canvas. If there is going to be this kind of connectivity, we need to be able to guide our students through the extra steps to use these tools!

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @tragarz_roberta  - This depends on which version of Turnitin your institution is using, as there are actually two:  the LTI (external tool) version and the Plagiarism Framework version.  I think you must be using the LTI tool, because there does not appear to be any mention of it for the Plagiarism Framework documentation.  (My own campus is on Plagiarism Framework.)  The main difference is how you created the assignment from the Assignments page; the LTI tool relies on your selecting External Tool from the drop-down menu.

Anyway, to directly answer your question here is the place for your students to check:  Canvas LTI - Student Categories .  If you scroll down the page, you will see several links to deal with Peermark, specifically.  For what it's worth, if you happen to be on the Plagiarism Framework (and again, I don't think you are), the student documentation is here....but again, note that there is nothing on Peermark there:  Student category .

For your own reference, the "starting point" for all this is here on the Turnitin site:  Turnitin Help | Which version of Canvas do you use?   You can see they want to know which tool you are using, and then the pages will head to the right places.

I hope this helps, Roberta.  Stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Likes