I want to upload a video that is not on Youtube but Arc is no longer available in "External tools".

Jump to solution
john_lycette
Community Novice

The help documents provided by my University recommend using ARC to embed video, but it's no longer available in the "External tools" category. So...

I've tried the Embed a video through "Google LTI" but after clicking 'embed' no code or anything is added.

I've tried "Record/Upload" media, and that works but rather than embedding a video with a control bar, it puts a small thumbnail image in the page - it can be played but it's not the way it should ideally look and function.

I've tried "Insert/Edit media" and it puts what appears to be a video on the page (with a control bar etc) but it doesn't play when the 'play' button is clicked.

Thanks - John

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi again,  @john_lycette ...

The "Video Quiz Embed" tab that you see displayed in the Guide that I linked for you in my previous reply is only available if your school's local Canvas administrator has enabled that particular feature for Canvas Studio.  Here is the Guide that you could provide to your school's Canvas admin to see if they would be willing to turn this option on: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17728-507361147416  You'll see that it's the row for "Add video quizzes to media".  It can be turned on for either teachers or students or both.

Since I am unable to see your course or your school's Canvas environment, you may need to consult with your school's local Canvas admin or their Online Learning / eLearning department for further help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes