IE11 No Longer Supported!

anthony_sales1
Community Member

Although everything seemed to be working fine on Friday, I have come into work on Monday morning and discovered that IE11 is no longer supported by Canvas! And students and staff are unable to log in because IE11 is still the default browser used by the college. I suspect there are a very large number of users all over the world that are still using IE11, and even though I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few anomalies with the display etc, I don't understand why support has just been turned off without any notice (I have searched all updates notices and cannot find any reference to IE11). Gobsmacked... Smiley Sad

Could we at least have an explanation as to why this decision was made and whether you actually bothered to consult any customers before pulling the plug...

OK I have now found an update from August 31st called Supported Browsers and if you follow the link it lists all the other browsers but IE11 - but it doesn't state anywhere that IE11 will no longer be supported - which should have at least warranted it's own headline - if a popular supported browser is having the plug pulled you don't just slyly remove it from the list of supported browsers and not notify anyone - this is very poor customer service...