Images (jpg, png) Not Loading in iOS Canvas Student Since 6.9.2

Jump to solution
apd508
Community Explorer

Since updating to version 6.9.2 any images that my son’s teacher had loaded in the Canvas courses that’s he had for his kindergarten program are no longer visible. All that he can now see is the image file name and a box where the image is supposed to be. This occurs in both the iPadOS version and the iOS version of 6.9.2.  This makes the course very difficult to navigate as those images were on all of the pages for use in navigation. 

These images are all still visible in the Canvas Parent app and in the Canvas web version. They’re only gone in iOS since the app update  

I have already tried logging out/in, clearing the cache, reinstalling the app, deleting his token and then following those steps again,  hard restarts of the iPad, etc., with no success. I’ve put in a canvas help request and local request but haven’t heard back yet since yesterday. 

Is this a known issue or is there any other potential solution to get these images to show again? 

Thank you. 

7556225B-E0E1-4BFD-A06C-A4F0A2D034DD.jpeg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

No, I haven’t heard anything back from Canvas at all to the two tickets I submitted to them. I submitted one on the iPad my son is using and one on the iPhone when I checked it using Canvas Student 6.9.2 there as well. 

I heard from my local district IT that they were running tests but agreed it appeared to be an issue with the 6.9.2 update and were following the ticket and tracking it. 

View solution in original post