cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garciah
Community Champion

Import Discussion Settings

Jump to solution

I just copied a discussion from one course to another course and I expected my discussions settings to copy over as well. They didn't. Specifically, I had enabled the "Allow Liking" setting. I tried to methods for copying over the discussion.

1. First, in the destination course, I selected "Copy a Canvas Course". That didn't work.
  2. Then, I tried exporting the course and then importing the discussion into the destination course. I selected "Canvas Course Export Package". That didn't preserve my "Allow Liking" setting either.

I'm surprised that the settings don't over with the discussion. Is there a list somewhere of which settings do and don't copy over?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garciah
Community Champion

I just heard from Canvas Support that this is a known bug that they're working on. The only workaround is to re-edit the discussion settings after copying.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
josh_emmitt
Community Contributor

Hi Heather,

That is an interesting, well bug I guess you could call it. I can't think of a reason why the setting shouldn't carry over, you may want to file a ticket with Canvas support about it, it may just be an oversight somewhere.

Hope this helps,

Josh

garciah
Community Champion

I just heard from Canvas Support that this is a known bug that they're working on. The only workaround is to re-edit the discussion settings after copying.

View solution in original post