cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barbaracoen
Community Contributor

Importing SCORM Packages

Jump to solution

I am trying to import a SCORM package into Canvas - not just quizzes but a full manifest with supporting content and quizzes. Has anyone done this?

Tags (1)
13 Replies
mathnot
Community Participant

Hi @barbaracoen 

Can you share the steps to get this done. Struggling at the moment too on how to get Scorm into Canvas. Not as a assignment...got that working...but as a complete course or just a separate block of content..

Kind regards,

Math

Tags (1)
barbaracoen
Community Contributor

Hi @mathnot 

Gosh this is an old thread and I haven't done it in a while.

We still import the SCORM packages as assignments as that's the only option in Canvas, but we put the assignments into a Canvas module to create a structure, i.e, course might be made up of a number of imported SCORM packages that are accessed in sequence via next button.

There might be other options for you depending on where you create your content in the first place.  We do create some content in Articulate RISE and then instead of exporting as SCORM, we export as a WebPack and then create a Canvas page using the WebPack.  This is not an assignment.  If this is an option for you let me know and I can get you more info.

Thanks
Barbara

mathnot
Community Participant

Hi Barabara,

Sounds like a great option. Working with Rise360 and Storyline blocks too, so would love to get to know your workflow in Canvas.

Kind regards,
Math

barbaracoen
Community Contributor

Hi Matj

Don't check this too often i'm afraid.  Did you get sorted with the web pack approach?

Thanks
Barbara