cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bikeral2
Community Member

Importing a class into Commons

Jump to solution

How can I import last months class into Commons so I can use the same format this month?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @bikeral2  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.

While you certainly could use Commons to copy course content from a past course into a current empty course shell, I think there's a quicker way for you to do this.  [By the way, the process you are suggesting to use Commons would be to first share your past course to Commons (How do I share a course to Commons?), log in to your current course, and then import the course that you shared to Commons into your current course (How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas?).]

I think the easier way to go about this is to use the Canvas Course Import Tool.  You'd want to be logged in to your current empty course shell, and then follow the steps outlined in this Guide: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?.  (Please note that if you are looking to only import specific parts of a course from your past course to your current course, you can follow the steps outlined in this Guide: How do I select specific content as part of a course import?.)  There's also this video that you can watch:  Video Link : 1105 .

I hope this information is helpful to you, Al.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @bikeral2  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.

While you certainly could use Commons to copy course content from a past course into a current empty course shell, I think there's a quicker way for you to do this.  [By the way, the process you are suggesting to use Commons would be to first share your past course to Commons (How do I share a course to Commons?), log in to your current course, and then import the course that you shared to Commons into your current course (How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas?).]

I think the easier way to go about this is to use the Canvas Course Import Tool.  You'd want to be logged in to your current empty course shell, and then follow the steps outlined in this Guide: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?.  (Please note that if you are looking to only import specific parts of a course from your past course to your current course, you can follow the steps outlined in this Guide: How do I select specific content as part of a course import?.)  There's also this video that you can watch:  Video Link : 1105 .

I hope this information is helpful to you, Al.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post