Importing a course takes hours?

Jump to solution
DeeUmper
Community Explorer

First time importing a course.  I selected the zip file/package that was sent to me by the university where I last taught the course: D2LExport_383062_AI_201_Dev_202332831.zip   Upload was successful.  The 'job" began "running" at 11:06 AM. It's now 4:30 PM, and it's only about 1/2 way done (see attached image.)  Does it usually take this long?  If not, what should I do now?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

BINGO!!!!  There were no files in there, so I did not create a new course.  I just tried to upload again.  What I did do differently was change the name of the zip from "D2LExport_383062_AI_201_Dev_202332831.zip" to "D2L Export.zip," to match the name listed  in the Import Type > Content Type drop down menu.  Oddly, the "Job" name that showed as it uploading and running was the original longer file name. Go figure. Anyway, from the very bottom of my heart, I cannot thank you enough.  By the way, mine is a FFT account.

View solution in original post

@DeeUmper ...

Yup...I'm still around!  🙂

I'm not sure why you would have two courses still.  I am assuming that you are using the instructions outlined here: How do I import content from Desire 2 Learn (D2L) ... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

The only way I can suggest to see if the two courses are identical would be to have each course open in a separate tab of your web browser.  Then, go through each page to compare the two courses.  When you click on one of the courses on your Dashboard, you'll be taken to the "Home" page.  Look at Course ID number displayed after "/courses/".  The larger number is the newest course in your Canvas environment...if that helps at all.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes